Chairman | CEO Prof. Dr. med. Arne Jensen, MD
Date and Place of Birth
Born August 28th, 1951 in Schleswig, Germany
Resident in Bochum, married, 2 children
Education and Employment
- Heidelberg University (MD, ECFMG); Dept. Obstet.& Gyn.
- Würzburg and Giessen University (PD, Prof. Dr. med.)
- Oxford University (Research Assistant, Prof. GS Dawes)
- UCSF San Francisco CVRI (post-Doc, Prof. AM Rudolph)
- Bochum University, Chairman, Dept. Obstet.& Gyn.
- Campus Clinic Gynecology Bochum
- Professor (Full) Ruhr-University, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Speaker Ruhr-University Bochum Stem Cell Network NRW
- Head Bochum Perinatal Stem Cell Group
- President NWGGG, Society for Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Professor (C2) Giessen University, Dept. Obstet.& Gyn., Deputy Head of the Department
- Head Perinatal Research Group, Giessen University
- Member of the Council of the MRGGG, Society for Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Member of the International Committee of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation (SGI), USA
- Member of the Academy of Sciences, New York
BrainRepair Ltd. BVI (2009-2015)
- Founding partner and majority share holder
- Successful EMA Product Classification of ‘Autologous mononuclear cells derived from human cord blood’: Advanced Therapy Medicinal Product -Tissue Engineered Product (ATMP-TEP) for the indications: Pediatric Brain damage, Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, and Cerebral palsy.
BrainRepair UG (haftungsbeschränkt) (since 2015)
- Founder and majority share holder
- Successful EMA Orphan Medicinal Product Designation application for ‘Autologous mononuclear cells derived from human cord blood’.
Designations granted by the European Commission on October 14, 2016 for the indications: ’Periventricular leukomalacia’ in preterm newborns (EU/3/16/1744) and ‘Neonatal encephalopathy’ in term newborns (EU/3/16/1743). Our product has been included in the Pharmaceutical Community Register for Orphan medicinal products, European Commission, Public Health.
Awards and Honors
- Scholarship German Research Council (DFG), USA, 1984-1985
- Scholarship Medical Research Council (MRC), UK, Nuffield IMR,1984
- € 4.5 million worth in Research grants, 1980-2015
- 23 national and international Scientific Prizes, awarded 1986-2008
- Speaker Ruhr-University Bochum, Stem Cell Network NRW, 2002-08
Philanthropic and Research Activities
- Founder of “STOP-CP in children! – Combat Infantile Cerebral Palsy” e.V. (S temcell T herapy O f P erinatal – C erebral P alsy), 2013
- Author of “The Cord Blood Story – STOP-CP!”, 2013
- First Autologous Cell Therapy of Cerebral Palsy Caused by Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Damage in a Child after Cardiac Arrest – Individual Treatment with Cord Blood, January 27, 2009